Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Tribe Called Quest // Oh My God [video]

We took some rough blows to hip hop these last 2 weeks...smh...We are still mourning the loss of Bankroll Fresh & today Phife Dawg passed away from the legendary A Tribe Called Quest (U Gotta say the whole name). This is a tough one for the culture & personally only b/c I got to hang out w/ some a few times since I was dumb young. I know his family is dealing w/ this very hard but the fans & his fellow MC's have been storming social media with a trending #RipPhifeDawg ..Its clear he will be missed. Nah for real I'm about to start taking my ego out of the equation & try to let the ones that influenced me know it b/c we're losing a great deal of them lately. This video was always dope to me shooting it in Queens as you can see the entire block came out and showed them love...very rare to see that now a days. Busta Rhymes spit tin the sampled hook live on top of a sign...93 epic shit. #ATQC forever...Forever Fly Produced x Jymie Merritt. Director x Josh Taft RCA Records

No comments:

Post a Comment