Monday, February 9, 2015

D'Angelo x The Vanguard // Black Messiah [LP]

I found it really strange that I had to tell somebody on Edgewood that D'Angelo dropped his 1st LP in 14 years with his new band "The Vanguard" jesus christ I thought everybody x their cousin knew about this? Since I realised after speaking to a few more people disconnected from music by life in general I felt the need to make my own post just because I've loved this album since it dropped it. Its dope D'Angelo never lost any passion for music within his hiatus x all the jeers he received after the arrest x all that but when it dropped he became what some called him 14 years ago "The R&B jesus" again. The last D'Angelo album, 2000’s Voodoo, was a damn near perfect collection of rhythmic fonk that created its own genre "Neo Soul" that dear God knows I still listen to today like I did when I was a jit. Black Messiah is a study in controlled chaos. The nightmarish chorus of "1000 Deaths" arri, the laid back "The Charade"Minneapolis sound funk rock follows, every bit as bright as the previous track was menacing until you zero in on the threadbare heart-sickness of D and P-Funk affiliate Kendra Foster’s lyrics. Black Messiah pulls together what no one thought was going to be possible. It brought D'Angelo right back to the top of the game where he belongs. Strong cover to evoke the feelings x the surrounding times I must say this was well done sir. If by some crazy chance you havent heard this masterpiece yet. Do yourself a favour x DL that off the iTunes link below its worth way more than the 7.99 purchase price, I just ordered a hard copy as well. Yeah its tuff like that. Released in the early morning of December 15,2014 (write that down kids) Black Messiah was released to the world ...the 1st single was "Sugah Daddy." Questlove lent a hand on three songs off the project, but a majority of the production was handled by D'Angelo. Forever Fly https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/black-messiah/id950764300 Stream below on spotify:

No comments:

Post a Comment